Sunday, August 1, 2010

Break From Reality

I took a little time last week to go to the annual Scentsy Convention in Denver. I did not want to leave Cole with things being as crazy as they have been, but the registration had already been paid for, would not be refunded, and Brian said it would probably be good for me to get away for a bit.

He was right.

I had almost forgotten why I love selling Scentsy so much! I was working, but it felt like a party the entire time. This trip reminded me why I do this, and why I love these products so much. This company and its founders are amazing and genuine. I have been to business conventions before, but none of them compared to, or felt as sincere as this. I had fun and learned something new everyday. I was also reminded how fragrances really can connect you with emotions and that they can be exciting!I am totally exhausted because we were constantly on-the-go, but I am so glad I went. I have not been somewhere by myself, without any family, for that long since I have been married. I love my boys, but you forget how refreshing it is to not have to be in charge of something or somebody.

There are some incredible new products coming out in September and I, for one, can't wait! Scentsy is now making hand sanitizer. It is alcohol free, moisturizing, and smells like some of our most popular scents. The new additions like Scent Paks just show that there are so many avenues to making things smell good. The new Scentsy Buddies, an incredibly cute collection of high-quality stuffed animals, are adorable. Only this company would think of combining toys and scents!

I met some great people and had a great time. It was nice to get a break from my reality. Sometimes seizures, diets, medications, tests and all of the other stuff that is part of our daily life just overtakes all of our time, emotions and strength. It is our reality. It's what we do everyday; all day and all night. We have dedicated our lives to Cole and I would not want it any other way. I just needed to be reminded to take a little time for myself so I am not constantly running on empty. I think I am going to go and turn on my warmer and think about next years convention in Texas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for getaways! I have been apartment hunting by myself in CA for two days and loving the freedom. Missing my buddies though. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS