Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Magical Memories

Due to some really hard work, and generosity of others, I was able to sneak away for a few days and get together with some fellow Dravet moms. The paramedics actually made their first house call to our new home while I was away. Another reminder that leaving just can't happen very often.We had a lovely time, with lots of food, laughter and fun. There were some tears involved too. I can not explain the immediate bond you have with another Dravet parent. Our numbers are so small, we immediately understand each other. I got to work on a new pamphlet that I have been a part of for newly diagnosed patients families, talked about my role on the a4cswn committee and realized once again that I can be a resource for others, after having 30+ years of experience with epilepsy. Some one called me wise. What? I'm not wise, but I am totally willing to share whatever information I have. I'm so grateful that these women were willing to share their weekend with me. What a magical place with incredible memories.

1 comment:

  1. If that is an actual picture from your trip then I am very envious indeed. The picture makes me feel automatically calm. Friends with commonalities are absolutely priceless as are people with wisdom willing to share :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS