Thursday, April 18, 2013

It Is Getting Closer!

The anticipation is building for our Make A Wish trip!

The wish granters threw Cole a little party to help him get excited.  We invited a few people that have helped him along the way.  His teacher, therapists, doctor and some other important people came.  We had such a good time.
 They brought balloons, Cole's favorite!  The others knew him so well that a lot of them brought bubbles.  Cole thinks that if we are having a party, it must be his birthday.  So they obliged and brought him presents!  We are so lucky to have these special people in our life.

 The weather was just right and we got to be outside for a little bit.  Cole had a wonderful day.  We totally paid for it that night with 3 big seizures, but the party was great.

Cole really doesn't understand anticipation.  He is very much in the moment and black or white.  I have been talking non-stop about our trip to him and he is just in the frame of mind where he thinks, "Well why aren't we there already?"  He does not understand that we are going for him.  That he will get special treatment.  He thinks he rules the world anyway! ;)  He will parrot back when I ask "Where are we going on an airplane?"  "TO SEE MICKEY MOUSE!"

It seems like I can't find pictures of Slugger and his sister.  They are too funny when they are together.  It is like Wrestle Mania and they totally forget that they are service dogs.  We are so lucky to live close.
My friend helped me make this adorable bunting banner with her awesome Silhouette Cameo.  That thing is amazing!  My house is so dark you can't see it very well, but the font is the perfect iconic Disney lettering.  So much fun!  I am actually glad that I don't have a craft budget.  I think if I had this machine, it could be a real time consumer.  I would just think of parties to have so I could create projects! ;)
Cole loves to paint so he helped me make this Mickey head topiary.  It has glitter on it, cause the boy loves him some glitter!  I can't help it.  I do too!  The red paper on the banner is glitter paper.  We like things that are sparkly.

We are so excited to make Cole's dreams come true.  He has been on a super high dose of steroids to help him out while we are in Florida.  So far, there has not been a big change.  We are hoping that the timing is just right and he gets a break while we are there.  Here's to hoping!  Maybe the steroids will act just like the high dose antibiotics, maybe they won't.  We just want Cole to have as great of a time as possible.

I had some custom Thank You notes made.  We want to make sure that we show gratitude to everyone that has helped us on our journey.  This Make A Wish trip is a once in a lifetime dream come true and every one that had a part to play in it big or small needs recognition.  Plus it was another excuse to use some gorgeous pictures of my boys.  For those of you who are wondering, I used Pinhole Press.  I wanted something affordable and easy to manage.  These custom notepads were perfect!  This way, Cole can just rip off a page and give it to whoever helps him along the way.  There have been plenty of helpers and I am sure that there will be more on our trip!
Only a few more days to go!

3 comments:

  1. so happy for you guys! Cole will have the time of his life. We will keep him in our prayers that he is well and can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love those note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was good to get caught up on your life :)
    You ALL deserve this trip and hope you all have an amazing time...with as few seizures as possible :) I can't wait to see pictures and blog posts!
    Keep us posted on your diagnosis/health.
    The best to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS