Monday, January 10, 2011

Come What May

I'm trying to get to the "and love it" part.

I called 4 Paws For Ability this morning. It seems that the summer classes just filled right up and we can not get in until October. It feels like we will never make it for 10 more months before we get Cole's special dog, but there is a reason for everything. Maybe someone will cancel. Maybe we will finally move and need to get settled into a new place before we add a new member to our family. There could be a lot of answers. We're just going to have to be patient.

However, Cole is doing great. He has not had rescue medication since a few days after Christmas. He's learning new words and even making up songs. Most of it is hard to decipher, but I heard one the other day where I caught the words, "Spiderman" and "awesome"! He has started at a small pre-school down the street two days a week. We are hoping to get him into the district as a paid student for two more days a week. The whole nurse thing is a real roadblock, but we'll see what happens. Maybe someday we can finally get a real IEP.

For now, the diet is going strong and the g tube is proving its worth every day during meds. We're still waiting to hear back about Miami. Hoping and praying that the insurance will let us take him there. I think 3 days of EEG data and an MRI would be really helpful for our treatment plan.

I can't believe that he's going to be three in a couple of weeks! I guess that I need to plan a party? We have never had a big party for Cole since he has not done well with big groups of people. He's been doing great lately with groups for short periods of time. We even went to church all together again yesterday. Plus, we took him to Costco for 20 minutes, a real test. He was fine! He wanted to push the huge cart by himself, but no big seizures. ;) There will be no cake for him, but I know some other Keto moms that have made a play-doh cake for the birthday kid. Where's Aunt Cris when you need her skills?! Oh yeah, Hawaii...dang it.

So, Come What May And Love It. I am loving that we are not in the hospital. 3 of our friends have been in the ICU in the last week! Right now I am also loving that Cole is running around the house pretending to sneeze. Gotta love the iPad! That thing teaches him new stuff all of the time including, what a sneeze sounds like.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE forward progress!! Kiss him for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's doing good. If you want to borrow my cole's birthday banner you are more then welcome to...it's the Itsey Bitsey Spider theme...you can see it on my blog in the September file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are possibly going to be in the October class as well... We were really hoping to be in the August but still haven't gotten the official word from 4 Paws. :-(

    We can wallow in waiting agonyland together if you would like.

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS