Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tiger Moms

There is a poem that circulates around our little Dravet group about Tiger Parents.

We got to spend just a little bit of time with two Tiger Moms after our graduation.One is a dear friend and the other was a new friend. You are always instantly connected though when your children share this diagnosis.
Cole was so overstimulated that he just ran around the restaurant. Brian followed him while I got to chat for a little while. Slugger was perfect and stayed under the table.

I always treasure the time that I get to spend with my fellow Tiger Parents. I mentioned before that one of them made an 8+ hour round trip in the car, just to see us for a couple of hours. What a great friend! This is a lady who I sent over to another friend of mine that was at a hospital out of state with her son who had just had brain surgery. This person did not know my friend, and had only met me in person once for a couple of hours. Yet, she made a care package and went over and sat and talked to my friends who were scared, nervous and exhausted. She is an angel. A true example of a Tiger Parent. I'm so thankful she is in my life.Roar on, Tiger Moms! Until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you all on your graduation! And I'm so glad Paula was able to visit--I wish we had been able to. But we'll visit you in Virginia in a few months when we go to see my new niece in Maryland. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS