Sunday, May 2, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos

Here's to another year of life. One that was filled with plenty of downs, but had some ups in between! Each year is a blessing. My actual birthday was not that spectacular, but there was some celebration before and after the fact that made it special.

Most of you know that Cole has been steadily getting worse. He had three major seizures in six days last week. Two of them were at my impromptu birthday party. We almost called everyone and canceled when he started seizing right before people were supposed to arrive. We then just acknowledged that anyone who was coming over was aware of the situation and could realize that this is our life. It has been a really long time since he has had two major seizures in one day. It was hard. Thankfully, we had our favorite pediatrician on hand and our friend that is a surgical nurse. InstaCare in our living room! Brian and Dr P took Cole into the bathroom so that he could be postictal and throw up and such after he so kindly vomited on the couch, (which I had just had professionally cleaned from the last time he did this! Thankfully, most of it was caught with his blanket). He then proceeded to have another seizure, so we were grateful that we had skilled medical help in the house.

The show must go on, so the rest of the group enjoyed lovely creations by Miss Piece, Love and Cake herself! Strawberry Lemonade and S'Mores cupcakes. They were delicious!

My dear friends took me out to lunch the day after for my favorite-some good, red meat! We had a great time without the majority of our children. Only the small, immobile ones came ;) So I guess it's time to live it up, because in 360 days or so, I will officially be in my 30's...bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Well, happy belated birthday. I am hoping to send out the invite for the EAU parents' get-together tomorrow. Things have been tough with B going on the ACTH and I was actually worried we'd have to back out. But, I hope everyone will be understanding about the state of our child, our house and us! LOL I may still not have showered by then. ;) Love and hugs to you all!
    Cristina, Matt and 'Roid Baby B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear about your latest struggles! We need to reschedule that playdate sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS