Monday, December 20, 2010

Living On The Edge

We have had an epic week around here. Lots going on, good and not so good. However, things have started to feel a little bit like Christmas. We took Cole to the mall on Friday. He did great! We decided to risk it and take him to our church Christmas breakfast on Saturday morning. Once again, he did great! There have been lots of small seizures, but nothing big since Wednesday. Apparently, PCMC is just stressful. I even baked yesterday. Pumpkin spice whoopie pies, brownies with Christmas sprinkles and peppermint meltaways...all in miniature. Yum! Then, I gave it all away ;)

SO, we pushed our luck and went to church as a family today. This is the first time in at least 9 months that we have all been there at the same time. The last time I took Cole was in June, when Brian was out of town, and we ended up in the hospital with something he picked up two days later. It was a musical program and we sat with friends so we could play "pass the baby". He started having a small cluster at the beginning, but then pulled out of it so we stayed. He did really well for the first hour, and then was just done and missed the last speaker. Meetings just shouldn't go over I guess ;) I went to teach my Sunday School class and thought that the boys had gone home. I was surprised to come out into the hall afterwards, to see them just passing by with a quick wave, off to talk to someone else. They spent the entire time socializing! I then forced them to start heading for the car since I felt like I was breaking my own rules. I woke up this morning with just a shadow of a voice and it was too late for a substitute. I am such an advocate of "If you are sick, stay home!", that I felt as if I should have a sign around my neck saying, "Don't come near me! GERMS!" The chorus of coughing in sacrament meeting did nothing for my anxiety.

Hopefully this cold doesn't stick around for 2 1/2 weeks like it did last time. I would really appreciate an illness-free holiday. Here's to hoping that we can have more adventures in normalcy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS