Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Might As Well Laugh About It

Cat's out of the bag...my chest isn't real.
and now most of the doctors with the Ion Channel Clinic know it.

It's no secret in my family that I have Victoria's Secret to thank for helping my clothes to fit. I don't know if it is mutation related or what, but I have a short neck, small shoulders, no waist and a pre-pubescent rack. So, I employ a hefty brassiere with gel inserts to help me look a little more my age. You kind of have to if your other option is a tag that says "Nearly A" instead of B, C, or DD.

This morning, Cole slept in like he usually does. I was in the hospital bed with him, my thumb on the trigger, ready to push at the slightest jerk. However, we were one of the first patients on the Dravet rounds. It helps that there are only 3 of us here right now :) The doctors all came piling in whilst we were still sleeping and I only had time to raise my head up on my elbow and grab my glasses before they launched into the plan for the day. I was hoping that I did not have old mascara smeared across my face and that my hair was not sticking on its end. I was certain that my bra was tucked underneath my pillow and I kept the covers pulled up under my armpits, while still lying down. I applaud people that can sleep with an underwire, but me...not so much.

It was not until the doctors left that I realized to my absolute horror that the aforementioned, dingy piece of equipment was laying out in the open on the rocking chair, right at eye level, next to the bed. Cole had another episode of soaking the sheets in the middle of the night and I had forgotten that I had placed it there while we changed the bed at 4:30 am.

They did not say anything during our half hour exchange, but I know they had to have noticed. Obviously, the only one it could belong to was me. Oh well, I'm sure that they chuckled to themselves later :) I'm positive they will eventually forget, but I'm going to add it to my long list of embarrassing moments.

5 comments:

  1. Must be a mutation related small rack here as well! Now it all finally makes sense! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. that is great! You are awesome to laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME. At church on Sunday I picked up my bag and also picked up the hem of my dress. Hefted it up over my shoulder. It was also awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! dont worry...I have that SAME problem...and I use the SAME piece of equipment you do to "fix" the problem ;) I will remember that one when we go in June. Sounds like you have been SUPER SUPER SUPER busy...I hope you guys get more help there! I'm thinking about you guys~

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS