Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Away

April wasn't the greatest month. For anyone around here. We did break through some barriers and have a little bit of fun in between all of the chaos. I am proud of the concentrated effort we made, otherwise I think someone would be talking to me through a little plexiglass window, while I was in my own, personal padded room.

I took a very brief hiatus and was able to see many people in a short period of time. Thank goodness for skymiles, eh? :) It was cheaper than therapy! lol Getting my hair done, Music and the Spoken Word, Little America Breakfast Buffet, some shopping and a good chin wag or two can cure almost any set of blues. Don't think murderous thoughts E, for me putting this up. One of these days we are going to get a decent picture of the both of us :)After a late night arrival, I got to see sweet V for the first time and squeezed in meetings with some of my closest friends and family. It was super convenient that I came for a wedding, so I got to see family members that I have not seen since the last wedding, July 2010!The weekend was a complete whirlwind full of wedding dress shopping for my little sister, hugs, and three inches of snow. Can't say that I miss blizzards at the end of April! I even had an impromptu birthday party thrown for me that included a dozen roses, a cake, candles, and the birthday song via Macbook Pro as I was running out of the door. It lasted 5 minutes, but the hostess was the sweetest person on earth. Love you C! I got to hold multiple babies that made my empty womb cry out in loneliness, but after I repeatedly told it to shut up, I snuggled to my hearts content. There is nothing better than holding a sleeping newborn.A very short, wonderful break to prepare for the next week ahead. The last few days have been full of organizing and re-requesting medical records. It is so hard to get them when you can't be up in their face about how important it really is! Laundry, lists and phone calls. Can I just say, it was so wonderful to only pack for myself last weekend?! I did the whole thing in an hour, not a week :) Miami, here we come...get ready for Mini-Hulk, I'm sure he'll touch your hearts too.

3 comments:

  1. Murderous thoughts, yes. But worth it to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, I also recently got to travel by myself without the child and it was so refreshing! Glad you got a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry we didn't get to chat more! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS