Monday, May 14, 2012

The Best Mothers Day Present



I have been trying for years and years to get Cole to say the alphabet.  I sing the song to him every day.  We watch videos on YouTube.  He has apps on the iPad.  It is not a forced, "must do this" kind of thing anymore, but routine.  I had accepted that he just may never be able to do it, but did not give up hope.  It is a developmental milestone, so we still worked on it.  

Cole gave me a wonderful Mother's Day present this year.  He sang the entire song, unprompted.  Without stuttering.  I was so shocked, that I asked him to do it again and pulled out the phone to video it.  It gave me chills.  I have no idea if this has anything to do with the new dose of Keppra he is on, or if it just finally clicked, like it did with potty training.  He has not even made it past the letter D before.  Regardless, I was thrilled.  It made my eyes water and my heart sing.  For my first Mother's Day, he rolled over for the first time.  That was a few months before his first seizure.  

So, I present to you-my Mother's Day present.  My baby, at four and a half, singing the ABC's for the first time!  Only missing one letter and replacing P for V.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh how thrilling!!! Proof that Cole is taking everything in, even if he can't always show it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANDSOME BOY. That is so tender. What a fantastic mother's day present. So happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is SO awesome! Go Cole!!! ...what a great mother's day gift Nikki :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mother's day gift...I appreciate you share it.
    Send Gifts To Pakistan.

    You can contact
    Hankhendricks
    if you need help or information regarding the following areas of interest:
    • new ventures
    • business deals
    • reference requests
    • getting back in touch

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS