Monday, May 7, 2012

What I Want To Remember About Today....

This is what I want to remember about today...
My baby and his dog, swimming in Grandpa's pool, just like any other kid.
Never mind that he has special lenses in his goggles. Never mind that his dog is a specialized, highly trained piece of seizure detecting equipment. It's just a boy and his dog, playing in the water.

  I don't need to remember this. 
Or putting on his cooling vest to bring down his temp because the "normal" stuff wasn't going to work.  Or this, including the vomit during-which is so scary.  
Right after our lovely swim, too.  Bummer.

I much prefer images of my boys, hanging out on "vacation".  Never mind that we are actually here to go to the hospital.

I like the picture of my beautiful, well-bred dog doing something that his natural, normal instincts are primed for-retrieving in water.
I don't need to remember calling 911.  I will remember to be thankful that we didn't need to take that ride they offered us. 
I don't need to remember that my body thinks it is funny to have kidney stones at the most inopportune times when I am totally stressed.  Or that we seem to bring the bad juju with us, causing my in-laws water heater to bust.  So yes, it is us...wanna invite our family over? ;)

 I don't need to remember this, which was worse than the first one. Or the 102 degree fever, amongst other things, that came with it.
This is what I want to remember about today. I want to remember that, for a moment, we had a normal, joyous outing in grandpa's back yard. We got a brief respite from our not-so-normal life.

                              
 This is what I choose to remember.

1 comment:

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS