Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sometimes I Don't Want To Be A Tiger...

I would really prefer to be a sloth.

Good for me I have a stubborn streak and a dose of perfectionist. It means that things still get done (not every thing), even if I wish that I could just sleep in a tree for 18 hours a day.

It seems like I have been a full-time Tiger Parent lately. I mean, I always am...but the last few months I have been roaring so much my throat is sore.

The trip to Miami was good, but long. I always have a mixture of anticipation and dread when we visit. It usually means something new, which can be good or awful. I do love the team there though, it makes something that is so stressful, semi-enjoyable. I love that we have doctors who will listen to me, feel like they can give me their opinion without forcing it on me and in the end do what I ask. I truly value their expertise and when they suggest that something is or isn't necessary, I take them seriously.

I love that I get to meet new parents there. Some that have been Tigers for a long time, some that are still cubs, wet behind the ears, still trying to get their bearings. We all have something to give each other.

I think that I will save our findings and a full update on our trip for another post. There are some changes on the horizon. It will take months to see if it is even going to work.

With IEP's, Medical Review Boards, new nurses, Cole's condition putting us in a constant scramble to get a handle on it, trips to Florida, my own health deteriorating and everything else that is going on in my crazy life; I also have to give in to the nagging feeling that it is time to go back to school. Yep, in my spare time. A death wish on paper, but I can't deny that I have been thinking about it for a long time and I feel like I need to start now. All so that I can provide better for Cole.

Maybe I should have my head examined. I could be transforming into a jungle cat.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Just because our heads are (barely) above water doesn't mean that we aren't thrashing to keep it there and swallowing water like crazy. :)

    Looking forward to the update on Miami and on you!

    Love,
    A belly full of seawater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Niki!
    so much going on in your life. i'm impressed with all you are able to do.
    I'm interested in the changes...
    Good for you going back to school! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS