Saturday, May 19, 2012

Things People Say To Service Dog Handlers



Pardon the title of this video, obviously I did not create it and I don't swear.

I admit, this made me literally laugh out loud more than once!  I think we hear, "They must be training that dog," or "Why is he wearing a muzzle?" every time we go out in public.  We have had someone say almost every single thing in this video, and more, to us in the last six months.  ;)

I think my personal favorite Slugger story comes from when we were at Disney.  A young adult proclaimed, "Look at that dog!  That is the saddest thing I have ever seen.  That is just so awful!"  I wanted to turn to her and say, "This dog LOVES his job and um-did you notice he is at Disneyland?" amongst other things.  I also laugh when people run up and take pictures of Slugger like he is a celebrity, without asking or anything.  It is like the paparazzi when we are at a place when you would not normally see a dog.  I  just laugh and shake it off most of the time.  Sometimes we will actually tell people who are passing by and whispering (why do they all assume that we can't hear them?) that this is indeed a working, fully trained service dog and he is for my little boy.

It is important to educate others about service dogs and we do it on a daily basis.  This, is for fun.  I hope that my fellow service dog handlers get a giggle out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS