Thursday, February 24, 2011

Comical

It has just been getting crazier around here...we actually did not think it was possible!

The truck is packed and gone. It was kind of like herding cats. Cole has had more major seizures in the last two weeks than he did in the last two months. My new hard side suitcase that I purchased to pack all of the KetoCal, IV pole, pump, meds, etc just lost a wheel. Brian's flight was cancelled, so we had to go to the airport-bring him home for a few hours, then find him a ride back. The hoops you have to jump through to bring oxygen into an airport are ridiculous! Thank goodness for family members/MDs ;) I am not sure that I want to tackle the process of trying to figure out how to get 8 oz of liquid KetoCal through tomorrow. It is surprising what did not make it on the truck...like the picture on the wall that we pass every 5 minutes. The chaos is turning Cole into a permanent angry elf. Lots of snot and other bodily fluids are still flowing. Camping in your house, really isn't that fun. It looks like we have squatters, just random piles here and there. We should charge admission for the death-defying stunts and clown show that is our life right now.

On the plus side-I have gotten to squeeze in some quality time laughing and crying with dear friends. My stories provide comic relief for others who think they are going through a bad spell. I am helping to plan one of the most beautiful baby showers ever known...it's going to be fabulous! I hit up Lugano one last time before our departure-wow, still best place in SLC, according to me. Got a gel manicure for the first time...so cool. I was scratching things off of the kitchen counter and it still looks fresh.

If you need a laugh, just think of me facing my brother-in-law next week and having to go through that awkward "Hi-last time I saw you, you were partially clothed and unconscious" moment. Me, not him.

Laughing about it to keep from crying about it, is the theme for the week!

4 comments:

  1. oh wow. im so sorry that this is a crazy time for you all. I am impressed you are laughing about it already... doesn't that usually take a while to get to the laughing point? good job you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we're in for a ton of laughs tomorrow!
    I want to take lots of pictures of your baby shower EVENT!

    PS - You have to send me the info for Pear Press (?) I want them to do the baby announcements. :)

    PPS - You have to send me your NEW address too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki- I can only IMAGINE what it must be like camping in your house. Shoot, it is circus with Melorah on a normal day! :)
    Good luck with the move - LOVE your stories and your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still in town? because I've got a TON of Keto cal still and need to get rid of it! Is he on the 3:1 or 4:1 because I've got both!

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS