Friday, June 10, 2011

But Not A Real Green Dress...That's Cruel.

I have a Soundtrack For Life running through my head at almost all times. For a lover of music, it seems like a normal thing. I get lyrics stuck in my noggin first thing in the morning, or can't get them to turn off when I want to go to sleep. I can think of a song for almost any situation.

The other day, this was stuck in my head ALL day long. It got me thinking, what would I do if I had a million dollars? Well, a cool mill doesn't go very far in my part of the country, we're not in rural Idaho anymore...so what would I do if I had 10 million dollars?

I think I would spend it on this (instead of monkeys, green dresses or pre-wrapped sausages for my tree fort's refrigerator)

* Pay off our medical bills/student loans. Dump a million in to our future medical expenses account, allowing us to get stiripentol, IVIG or any other treatment that we feel is the best for Cole.
*Adopt babies
* Hire my brother-in-law to build a house, much like the one described here. Win-win. Don't worry, I already have the plans laid out, kept in a secret box where Cole can not get to them and color all over! This is what I do in my spare time, people :) I would possibly get Sarah Richardson to come down and help me decorate. I seriously believe we could be BFF's...Tommy too!
*Hire a full-time Nurse Practitioner (with a really giving personality, maybe steal her from the Peace Corp or something) and turn her into Super Nanny. Get her up to date on all of Dravet's quirks and other special needs mumbo jumbo and then send her out to my friends (Dravet or not) in two week increments to provide respite for them.
*I guess that I'm going to have to buy an airplane and a pilot to take my Super Nanny around the world. It also means that I won't ever have to take Cole through security again and can just fly out of private airports. Think of the money I'll save on baggage fees! When we (or the NP) are not using it, I'll loan it out for people to go to Miami or France for consultations.
*A ski boat for Brian. It is the only thing that he consistently says that he wants.
*Laser hair removal...enough said
*Start a research fund in Cole's name
*Probably more than a couple of pairs of shoes!
*Get at least three service dogs for people, therefore changing their lives forever.
*Maybe a horse or two. Won't have enough cash for Lotus Ranch :(
*Start a foundation that gives away iPads, cooling vests, swings and other equipment not covered by insurance

The $10 million is gone; man, private jets are expensive! If I come in to a bunch of money, hold me to it!

2 comments:

  1. Haven't listened to that song in years! Love your list!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindred spirit! Not only do I now have that song running through my head (haven't you always wanted a mon-key!) but I also love Sarah and often talk about my dream "Tommy friend".
    I also always tell Clark, I just want one million. That's not a lot to ask right? I mean, people win tens of millions in the lottery...I just want one measly million.

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS