Monday, July 11, 2011

Break Up

Dear 'Tah,

This last week was the final nail in the coffin. I'm not coming back.

I will miss your mountains, your red rocks. I will miss oh so much about you! We really had a good time together.

But, I just can't walk away from full time nursing, Medicaid and wonderful opportunities for special education.

I went to the pharmacy this week and paid, get this, nothing for 3 prescriptions. You can understand, right?

I still want to be friends. I'll still visit and occasionally write.

However, I will not be a permanent resident of your fine soil as long as my son is alive.

I know, I know, I promised I would come back in 10 years but things changed. People change.

It's too bad, Utah...because I really like you (maybe even love you), but it's just not going to work out between us.

This time, I can really say it IS you, not me.

Sincerest Regards (and a little regret),
NIK

2 comments:

  1. It's all about perspective, isn't it. I am amazed that you guys did downtown for the fourth and Cole did great. That is amazing! I am glad that you got to experience downtown, it just has to be done.
    And it sounds like your trip to Utah was a nice break for you as well. Here's to dates to the grocery store and singing with the music turned way up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I am sad for you. But super proud of you because you two are putting cute lil Cole first

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS