Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sole

It's no secret that I love shoes. Funny, since I hate wearing them unless I am going somewhere important. You will always find me barefoot in the house. What does that say about me? I'm not sure I want to know! :)

These are my favorite. Black Reef flip flops, or slippers as we call them in Hawaii. Classic, simple, no-frills. No bows, buckles, bold colors, just two thin pieces of fabric in between my toes. Comfortable. Completely molded to my feet. Can go with anything from jeans to a skirt. I'm not even sure how old this particular pair is. I just continue to replace them when they wear out. Tried and true. The go-to shoe. I could pick one pair of the many beautiful shoes I have, most of which my husband has gifted me with, but you will find these on my feet the majority of the time. I remember once when I was home from college for Christmas break, I was wearing these in the snow. My father slipped me a $20 bill with the admonition, "Go buy yourself some shoes". I had other pairs, I just wanted to wear these. They were familiar.

I wish that everything was so simple. I know exactly which shoes I am going to put on if I need something comfortable. If I am going to get the mail. If I am going to the pool. You can't really ruin them. If they get dirty, just run them under some water and they are good to go again. Sometimes in life I wish that you could just wash away all of the dirt and reveal a nice sturdy foundation. Something that feels good and doesn't take a lot of work. I know them and they know me. We are sole mates (pun totally intended). It is nice to not add another thing to the list when it seems "The List" just never gets shorter...only things added.

Why can't decisions be as easy as going for your favorite pair of shoes?

2 comments:

  1. Those are my favorite pair of shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your site! It really is great and as I saw in the first positions it is true that sharing and interface of the site are really a boon for work style. Really a big thank you! http://www.bestcrossfitshoe.net/

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS