Thursday, July 28, 2011

Messy

Sorry for the utter confusion I possibly caused by the last post.

Things around here have been messy. There have been tastes of bitter and sweet. Things have been interesting emotionally and physically. I think the dishes have been done twice all week. I have had to let go of one nurse, interviewed a replacement...and she was our first no-show for her shift. So I told them to not send her again. Interviewed another. Decided to give her a chance, she is working out okay...however, is afraid of dogs. This could totally be an issue in the future, but she says she'll "try it out". Hopefully she can get used to the idea by Nov, I just need a qualified person at this point! Our main nurse has decided she doesn't want to work on Sunday...who does? That is the only day that I absolutely need someone, because I am gone at church. Yep, on the first week free to go to church all three hours, what do they do? Make me the Gospel Doctrine teacher! If that doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what will. Following someone who used to literally write Music and The Spoken Word. No pressure! Back to this week...then the weekend nurse quit because she doesn't want to drive an hour each way for a 5 hour shift. Can't say that I blame her...but still, I actually liked her! She can't do the day shifts because she is pregnant and will be on maternity leave right when Cole starts school. Had someone call and cancel an evening respite shift, the morning before, that I have been planning since nursing even started...scrambled and replacement #2 did some pinch hitting. SO-I am hopefully moving forward with replacement #2 for Tues, Thurs. In the middle of striking a deal with the M, W, F nurse for every other Sun, she puts in her two week notice and says that she can no longer work with Cole. AHHH! We really liked her and I seriously thought we were going to have her for years. Cole wakes up every morning asking specifically for her. So, having new Tues, Thurs take the other Sun and maybe just the whole she-bang. She has said she is available M-F. So, now just need someone to do Fri night and Sat and the other Sunday, right? Doubt it will be that easy. THEN, the agency now says that they can't have the nurse take the dog to school. Say what? I told them in the very beginning that this is what was going to happen. It's three hours, with a highly trained, very obedient, very useful dog! I promise that it will make their job even easier, not harder. We'll see what happens. I am grateful that I have this problem. It has just all hit at once. It's making me wonder if it is worth it...someone remind me that it is!

On a high note, we had our first double date in a year and a half last weekend. It included lovely company, good food and some spontaneous bowling (in dresses)! Saw Julia Child's kitchen, what a special moment for me, and the original Star Spangled Banner. Went to Relief Society and got to eat free food, always a pleasure. Took Cole on an outside play date and he survived! Met another 4 Paws family that lives in our area and is also going to be in our class in October! I also got to turn in my 30th birthday present that Brian bought before we actually moved here and we realized that cost of living is not just double, but triple what we're used to. Que sera sera. We still went, saw Mr Groban and it was awesome. Also got to indulge in my new favorite right before, Chop't. Seriously, I have thought about it every day. It's probably a good thing that the closest one is 40 minutes away. I am already addicted. The Cobb and Steakhouse salads are practically life changing...and don't get me started on the local cream soda! I'm hungry...next stop, Cafe Rio! They have a brand-spanking new one within comfortable driving distance! It is a scientific wonder that I weigh what I do right now. I am prone to eating the most fat-filled delicious foods, just small portions before the nausea kicks in. Where is the girl that could polish off an entire burrito enchilada-style by herself? I cleansed last week, but still not up to full eating capacity. I don't care that I have not weighed this much since I was 18...I just want to eat and have my clothes fit! Neither are really happening on a regular basis right now. Thanks gallbladder...you are awesome, not really.

I'm seriously contemplating returning to work part time. This is a whole 'nother ball of wax that I just can't ramble about yet, because it would likely be incoherent. Just take my word for it when I say it has been a struggle. A lot of back and forth with the Public Health nurse and the doctor trying to prepare for the Medical Review Board. Knock on wood, cross your fingers and every thing else that it turns out okay.

Same stuff just different packaging. Complicated and messy as ever. We are never vanilla. More like those crazy ice creams that have 8 different flavors in one. Rhubarb and Lime Cardamom frozen yogurt sounds insane, right? Sometimes though, it is the unique combination of flavors that makes something surprisingly sweet. Sticky, messy...but sweet. Just like our life and our little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Finding the right nurse is complicated and messy....as well as scarey. But, follow your gut and you will find the right one(s). Keep interviewing until you do. I found as much as I wanted someone as soon as possible, what I really needed was the RIGHT person. I decided to be patient until I found that person, when I did, I fought like hell to keep her. You will find the one, hang in there...and you will find Niki back again...and sanity. It's worth it....so worth it. And don't stop fighting about the dog. The dog is consider "Durable Medical Equipment" that a specialized person must be in charge of. They will get there, they are just scared...let me know if you need any documents that we used for school. As always, if I can help contatc me off-line at Fourengstroms@yahoo.com. P.S. I am requesting that Nolan's doctor re-test for Dravet Thanks - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously messy, but just think how much MORE relaxing it will be when it is all sorted out! And you are right, Chop't changed my life and I think about it almost daily. Nothin wrong with gorging on a little salad.
    I hope everything falls into place very soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS