Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Illustrated Guide to Our Week

Warning: I can't make this stuff up. You will laugh, you may cry.

Sunday: Slugger ate one entire wall of Cole's Lightning McQueen tent. Awesome. Painted my toes purple in anticipation for International Purple Day. Cole utilized his REAL pillow pet.Monday: Cole wakes up in a great mood and proceeds to use my yellow heels as accessories. "Mom, look at my earrings!"
Cole goes to school. Nurse goes home. We go and get my kitchen knives sharpened, had to wait 2 hours when they initially said 20 minutes. Come home and have this, complete with over a minute and a half of O2 in the 40's. Goal to make tomorrow better.
Tuesday: A day for the books. Cole literally was awake maybe 2 1/2 hours all day in between seizures. Even when he was conscious, he could not stand up and I found him curled up in a ball or laying on the ground multiple times, because he did not have the strength/equilibrium. Cancelled a fun play date with friends. Had to miss therapy (and still pay for it). Our air-conditioning breaks. Have temperature sensitive child. Got to make trifle! I hear it was good.
Come back from Relief Society and get this on my screen. Computer crashes, dead as a doornail. Lose all apps, movies, photos, documents...everything.
Wednesday: My new cookbook finally arrives, after I pre-ordered it months ago with a gift card I have been saving for almost a year. Love Pioneer Woman. Have been reading her blog years and years. Takes me back to my roots and major plus, it is really funny. No nurse.
Our landlord is not known for spending money (read: major tightwad). We have nicknamed him Master of Creative Maintenance. His favorite fix is duct tape. Alas, his solution to our rotting floor? Slap parkay patterned duct tape (aka vinyl tiles) over the top of the existing floor. Oh, and they are a lovely shade of orange. You would not believe his first option. I just look at what Cole has dubbed "The Squares" and laugh. We could seriously base a sitcom around his fixes.Thursday: No nurse, again. This is a Weeping Cherry Tree in my backyard. I gave my bestie a matching one for her 30th birthday last year. I told her that it signified my new home, since Cherry blossoms are a big deal around here, and that I was sad we do not live close to each other any more. She loves to garden, so it was a hit. However, I looked at this tree on Thursday and burst into tears. There are beautiful blossoms right now, but the imagery was fresh. There was lots of weeping on Thursday. Another Dravet child has been taken home. This time, a child of someone I knew. Someone who doesn't live very far from me, and this child was just a little younger than my own son. It hit way too close to home. Week is weighing on me. Make new goal for a better tomorrow. Hug my baby.Friday: Decide that Cole is doing good today, so stop by the farm to make up for missing it on Tuesday. Here is Cole with some new piglets. Slugger alerts like crazy and Cole gets so overstimulated he doesn't want to stay long. Sure thing, we need to go to therapy anyway to make up for missing Tuesday.
Get to therapy, Cole has a long, weird seizure where he chokes me in the process, poolside-right before the session starts. Doesn't even get to dip his toes in. Still have to pay :) Air conditioning breaks, again. Take Cole to the park, and then we all eat dinner (at a restaurant) with friends. Seriously people, we could not figure out if that has ever happened before. We may have acted really weird/excited about it.Saturday: Rain gives us some relief from the heat. Convince landlord to break down and buy a new air conditioner. Cole has a great day. Try to purchase the right belt for a dress. Now have to go through the process of elimination to decide which is the one. Feed the missionaries. Go to Hunger Games with a couple of friends while Cole and Daddy chill at home.We start all over tomorrow. Except that we have a lot of epilepsy awareness on the horizon! Remember to wear purple on Monday. The National Walk for Epilepsy is Saturday and we get to see some of our Dravet friends on Friday night! New/old goal-embrace today while hoping for a better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the slushy last night helped put it all behind you! Seriously, what a week. This week has to be better. Besides, look at all those cute belts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Nik! Some weeks really take it out of you. I'm sorry. I wish I was closer. :'( I hope next week is a much better one (with air conditioning)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know how you get your toes to look so pro on your own! Seriously! I could never do that dark color without looking like Ella had helped.

    (And sorry it was a crappy week)

    ReplyDelete

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS