Thursday, August 23, 2012

Surrounded By Greatness

I have never really been star struck. I can have a conversation with a CEO or a governor and I won't get nervous. I remember being nervous the first time I met Dr. Dravet. She just represents so much emotion in my life. This year was much better ;)I love that this conference not only gives you the opportunity to connect with other families, but with incredible doctors; who could end up helping you in the future.
The consultations are incredible and you have the chance to have one on one time with the best doctors in the world...without having to pay a dime! I try to tell everyone that you are entitled to a second opinion, and a third and a fourth. You are the best advocate for your child and should totally trust your doctor and treatment plan.I had the opportunity to once again share meals with these people and get to know them outside of their offices. It was something that really impressed me at the first conference.
We had the opportunity to hear from doctors around the world with the magic of the internet. There were presentations from Italy and Australia, even though the doctors were not physically present. We can give each other feedback and spur ideas for new research and treatments. It also gives us the opportunity to laugh. I made Dr Miller laugh more than once with a recount of our summer. See, even he thinks we are never boring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS