Monday, October 3, 2011

Harvest

It has seemed a little bi-polar around here. It's either going really great, or not-so-much. I wish we could say that we live on nice, even middle ground...but we don't! At least not right now :) All of the random pictures and stories marking the good stuff are landing on the family blog it seems.In between the tooth infection, impending dog battle and needing new brakes for the car in order to pass inspection, I noticed that fall has really arrived this week. There are hints of red and orange in the trees and the chill has come to the air. We got pumpkins to grace our porch last week and the Autumn decorations I put up in the beginning of September are finally starting to fit in.
I have always lamented the end of summer. For the first time ever though, I am grateful to see it go. I gave myself a quick orange pedicure and pulled out my boots and sweaters, ready to put the last season behind us. This fall will be full of memories that we have not been able to make in years previous. Already we have visited an apple orchard and went to a pumpkin patch. Now we just need a corn maze and a hay ride and I think I will explode from happiness. These are the things that I looked forward to as a child and I am finally getting to share them with Cole. Memories of this time of year are so sweet. Apple cider, Halloween costumes and harvest. Growing up on a farm, the season of harvest was always very prominent in our lives. After working so hard all year cultivating, planting and growing our crops-we finally saw the reward. Plus, there was nothing quite like fresh french fries in the potato cellar. Grab your own potato from the enormous pile and cook it up right there. After all of the hard labor that we have been putting in to Cole's education, I am beginning to see glimpses of the reward. He has already learned things that I could not teach him at home. Overall, even though it seems like the storm is raging, we are finding moments of peace and contentment. We've been planting more than potatoes around here. We're cultivating an environment in which our little boy can grow and flourish. It's hard work, but we hope to see a high yield (to use some farmer lingo).All pictures taking by our budding photographer, Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS