Saturday, October 22, 2011

Start of The Journey

We are all tucked in at a hotel in West Virginie (as my grandma used to call it). I have thought about her a lot today. I miss her so much. I know that she is so excited for us. She actually wanted me to get my own seizure alert dog when I was in college. We joke in my family that she is always hanging out with me, so why wouldn't she be here for this special occasion? :)

The drive was absolutely gorgeous. There were so many breath taking moments. I saw a side of Maryland that was awe inspiring, and West Virginia is beautiful. Brian and I looked at each other multiple times throughout the drive and said, "I could live in a place like this. Too bad they don't have good hospitals." Fall is truly a season. I didn't believe it until now. We have maybe 2 weeks of it out west..if we are lucky. The colors were incredible and I have never seen so many trees. A definite plus to the beginning of this adventure.

It was a nice little spark in a week that has otherwise rivaled the other "longest week of my life" weeks. Starting with a 3 hour root canal (in a different state) and ending with 6 hours in the car, with a bunch of stuff in between, it's been an interesting one. I am going to blame my moodiness on all of the crazy stuff going on in our little world. I swear one minute I am just fine and the next, I am crying without knowing why. No, I'm not pregnant...I wish.

I look forward to some more trees putting on a show tomorrow. Cole has done great so far. I have to thank the bus driver for teaching him how to unbuckle his seat-belt. Every time I looked away he had his car seat unbuckled and his arm out of the straps. Lovely. All in all though he has surprised me. He is running around the hotel room enthralled with the fact that there is a mini fridge and a microwave. He's only called the front desk twice ;) More hallelujahs were sent up for the iPad today. It saved us once again. Next stop, Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Photos by Capture Me Candid

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS